A week after the network fired its highest-rated talent, Tucker Carlson, two additional well-known Fox News hosts have told associates they fear they will be next.
According to sources within the network cited by Rolling Stone, Jeanine Pirro and Maria Bartiromo have expressed concern to coworkers and friends that they may be the next to be let go.
“According to people with knowledge of the matter, executives have recently held high-level discussions about Fox Business host Bartiromo’s future at the company. In recent years, the host became a mouthpiece for Trump, propping up conspiracy theories and peddling lies about the 2020 election,” Rolling Stone noted.
“Those falsehoods found their way into a Dominion Voting Systems filing in the company’s mega-lawsuit against Fox. The filing pointed to Bartiromo’s Nov. 8 interview with Trump-aligned attorney, Sidney Powell, to discuss ‘voting irregularities’ — on-air programming that contrasted sharply with the host’s Dominion deposition statements, in which Bartiromo said the email underpinning Powell’s claims was ‘nonsense,’” the outlet noted further.
Fox settled Dominion’s defamation lawsuit for a staggering $787.5 million last month. The ballot software company sought damages in excess of $1 billion.
According to the report, one of the sources with knowledge of the situation stated that Pirro, a vocal Trump supporter whose claims about election fraud were cited by Dominion in their legal documents, has also expressed concern to close associates about the possibility of being dismissed.
“It’s not just hosts who are anxious. Other sources at and close to the network say that, in the wake of Carlson’s ouster, some Fox brass have grilled certain staff about whether they or their teams had recently blabbed to the press about Carlson’s abrupt dismissal,” Rolling Stone added.
Several Fox News employees have reportedly taken additional precautions to safeguard their communications with outside media following a series of disclosures involving Tucker Carlson. Despite efforts to stop the leaks, they have persisted, prompting some employees to change journalist contacts to fictitious names in case they receive a call while in the presence of management or others who might report their activities.
Further, Rolling Stone reported that one employee referred to such individuals as “spies,” implying that they were actively seeking to report colleagues’ alleged infractions to upper management.
According to an Independent report, Carlson was fired as he was negotiating a new contract that would have kept him at the network through 2029. It is still unclear why the network fired Carlson, but a growing number of reports cite unnamed sources who believe it was due to Carlson’s coverage of sensitive topics on his show, which alarmed senior management.
During an interview with Chris Cuomo of News Nation last week, former Fox News host Bill O’Reilly argued that he believes Tucker Carlson was dismissed because the network is facing a slew of lawsuits related to the 2020 presidential election.
Fox News recently settled a lawsuit with Dominion for a staggering $787 million. Abby Grossberg, a former Fox News booker, has also filed a lawsuit against the network.
“This morning, the pending litigation was harpooned. Carlson was unaware. It just occurred. This is the essence of television news, the most depraved industry in the United States of America, according to O’Reilly.
More on this story via Conservative Brief:
“Tucker Carlson took over from me. For the first three years, his ratings were soft. He lost about a million, maybe a little bit more of my audience, and then in 2020 he took a hard right turn,” O’Reilly said. “Carlson basically programmed for a very hard right audience, and his numbers came up.” CONTINUE READING…