Tucker Carlson reportedly angered network executives by teasing a new Twitter-based program in a video posted to the platform earlier this month, just weeks after he was removed from the air.
According to the UK’s Daily Mail, Fox-contracted employees “swooped in and dismantled” a studio the network constructed for him in a barn in the rural Maine town where he resides.
“Fox came in last week and got all their sh*t out of there,” Patrick Feeney, Carlson’s construction manager, told the outlet, adding that the set will now have to be completely rebuilt after leaving the barn in “a shambles,” according to the Daily Mail.
“They took the set and everything, all the equipment, the chairs, the desk, the fake walls, everything,” Feeney added.
Now, Carlson has joined a three-man work crew at the barn, which is located in downtown Woodstock, to assist in rebuilding the destroyed studio, according to the publication, which added:
Carlson, 54, spends his summers in the rural town, 55 miles west of the state capital Augusta, where Fox constructed a set in an old barn so he could remotely broadcast the show. In a few weeks, he was scheduled to begin filming from the satellite studio when he was abruptly fired by the network on April 24.
Tucker has since given his own employees a new assignment to restore the studio. However, the removal of the original set necessitated infrastructure repairs.
“There is absolutely no technology in place. Even infrastructure for a television studio has been lacking for quite some time, Feeney told the Daily Mail.
Carlson also owns a home in Florida and spends the majority of the year there, but according to Feeney, the former Fox News star recently returned to Woodstock to assist with the renovation.
“He just got back late last night after meeting with lawyers and all that stuff,” Feeney said, adding: “As you can imagine, he’s very, very busy right now.”
Fox News has not officially stated why it removed Tucker Carlson from the air, but the decision was made shortly after the network settled a defamation lawsuit with Dominion Voting Systems for $787.5 million, leading many to believe that the settlement played a role.
During an interview with Chris Cuomo of News Nation, Bill O’Reilly, the former Fox News host who formerly occupied the coveted 8 PM primetime time slot, argued that he believes Tucker Carlson was dismissed because the network is facing a slew of lawsuits related to its coverage of the 2020 presidential election.
Abby Grossberg, a former Fox News booker, has also filed a lawsuit against the network.
“This morning, the pending litigation was harpooned. Carlson was unaware. It just occurred. “This is the nature of television news, the most evil industry in the United States of America,” O’Reilly stated.
“Tucker Carlson took over from me. For the first three years, his ratings were soft. He lost about a million, maybe a little bit more of my audience, and then in 2020, he took a hard right turn,” O’Reilly said. “Carlson basically programmed for a very hard right audience, and his numbers came up.”
Soon after the announcement of Carlson’s dismissal, reports cast light on the ultimate decision-maker.
More on this story via Conservative Brief:
A report revealed that Lachlan Murdoch, the chief executive of Fox Corporation, and Suzanne Scott, chief executive of Fox News Media, decided on a Friday night to fire Carlson. CONTINUE READING…