According to a new report, Fox News may refuse to release Tucker Carlson from his contract, a move that could suspend the former primetime superstar until one month after the presidential election of 2024.
Matthew Boyle of Breitbart News published an extensive article on Thursday night that cited multiple current and former Fox News employees as sources who discussed the network’s current state.
Each individual was granted anonymity to discuss the network, which is currently without not only Tucker Carlson but also erstwhile weekend ratings draw Dan Bongino, who left the company last week.
Boyle stated Fox News attempted to retain Bongino, who was reluctant to continue hosting a weekend program because he found working six days a week to be exhausting.
Carlson’s show was canceled on Monday, but according to the provisions of his contract, he will remain a Fox News employee for approximately 18 months.
Earlier this week, former Fox News host Megyn Kelly discussed this topic briefly on her radio program.
“Tucker Carlson hasn’t actually been fired,” Kelly said. “He’s still an employee of the Fox News Channel.”
Kelly concluded that the two parties must negotiate Carlson’s departure, but until Fox News negotiates an end to his contract, he is effectively in neutral.
Carlson may be in neutral for an extended period of time, leaving conservatives without his voice during the upcoming election cycle that will determine the country’s fate for the next four years and beyond.
Boyle reported, “Carlson’s current contract runs through December 2024, and as of now three sources familiar with the matter told Breitbart News that executives at the network are trying to keep Carlson on contract and not release him until after the 2024 election.”
It is unknown whether Fox News intends to swiftly resolve Carlson’s contract.
People are abandoning the network in droves without his incisive critiques of Democrats and Republican establishment figures.
Boyle was informed by a source that the Murdoch family expects to withstand the storm.
“The election is coming up next year, and they think they’re going to get their viewers back anyway because there’s nowhere else to go,” the person said.
Boyle’s sources ultimately claimed that the network’s ownership is delighted with Carlson and Bongino’s departures because they were uncontrollable and the network intends to take a different editorial direction – one that shifts coverage to the center.
Fox News was founded in 1996 by Fox Corp. chair Rupert Murdoch and his sons, James and Lachlan. According to sources, Carlson and Bongino were explicitly targeted because upper management believed they were the least likely to bow down to Murdoch or his sons.
A source close to the network reportedly stated that Bongino and Carlson “were considered the two most likely to say ‘f*** you’ to management.”
According to the individual, Bongino “gave zero f***s, and Tucker gave even less f***s.”
In the meantime, according to a second source, the Murdochs desire that Fox News refrain from criticizing political elites who are friends or acquaintances of the family, such as Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and others.
According to a network source, the family desires that future coverage be “dumbed down.”
Fox News coverage that was “dumbed down” would be difficult to achieve with Carlson in the schedule, as his show went in directions that others on the network did not.
Many of Carlson’s millions of fans are, of course, anxious to learn about his future plans, and he has reportedly retained one of the industry’s top attorneys to negotiate his exit.
More on this story via The Western Journal:
But according to Boyle’s reporting, Fox News might keep him on the sidelines until after the country chooses who will occupy the White House next November. CONTINUE READING…