It appears that former Fox News presenter Tucker Carlson is not too affected by his departure from the network.
A new photo of the erstwhile most popular host of the network laughing in a golf cart with his wife has surfaced. The Daily Mail published the photo and interviewed the former host.
“Retirement is going great so far,” the 53-year-old said as he left his $5.5 million beach home in Boca Grande, Florida on Tuesday night, The Daily Mail reported.
“I haven’t eaten dinner with my wife on a weeknight in seven years,” he said to reporters before quipping when asked about his future plans.
“Appetizers plus entrée,” he said.
The Daily Mail published:
Dad-of-four Carlson sped off in a golf cart without commenting on reports that he was ‘blindsided’ by Monday’s surprise announcement that he was ‘parting ways’ with Fox – despite being the network’s most popular prime-time personality.
However, according to DailyMail.com, he spent Tuesday huddled with his right-hand man, Justin Wells, who lost his executive producer position, as the cable news veterans devised their next move. Glenn Beck, a former Fox News host, and Jeremy Boreing, the founder of the conservative media outlet The Daily Wire, have both expressed interest in hiring Tucker Carlson, who courted controversy by opposing US involvement in the Russia-Ukraine conflict and rejecting the notion that January 6 was an uprising.
However, sources indicate that Carlson is unlikely to make any significant moves while Bryan Freedman negotiates his exit package with Fox Corp executives. Freedman also represents Don Lemon, who was dismissed on the same day as Tucker Carlson, and Chris Cuomo, who is seeking $125 million for wrongful termination.
Tucker spotted yesterday in Florida pic.twitter.com/i7oj27q45P
— Jack Poso 🇺🇸 (@JackPosobiec) April 26, 2023
Carlson broke his silence following his abrupt departure from Fox News.
Politico informed him that officials from the Department of Defense celebrated his departure from Fox News. He then issued a concise statement.
“Ha! When informed that Pentagon officials were ecstatic about his departure from the network, he responded, “I have no doubt.”
Politico reported: “From maternity flight suits to diversity policies to Ukraine aid, the military was a favorite punching bag for Tucker Carlson. Now that he’s off the air, some Pentagon officials are quietly cheering his departure. Carlson’s criticism of Biden-era personnel policies appealed to many of the rank-and-file, which has a large bloc of conservative members. But at the upper levels of the Defense Department, news of Carlson’s firing from Fox News on Monday was met with delight and outright glee in some corners.”
“We’re a better country without him bagging on our military every night in front of hundreds of thousands of people,” said one senior DoD official, who like others interviewed for this story was granted anonymity to discuss a politically sensitive topic.
“Good riddance,” said a second DoD official.
Fox News is paying a price for no longer having Tucker Carlson on its 8 p.m. program.
Not only was Carlson the network’s ratings monarch, but he also drew record numbers of the so-important 25-54-year-old demographic that is so valuable to advertisers.
According to the most recent viewership figures, this key demographic abandoned the network in droves on the first night a substitute host filled his time slot.
The Daily Caller reported that Show Buzz Daily data indicate Carlson’s replacement program, hosted by Brian Kilmeade, “earned fewer ratings in the key age demo on its first night compared to Carlson’s average the week prior on Monday, April 17.”
The program received a 0.24 rating in the 25-54 age group, while Carlson’s show received a 0.37 rating in the same demographic on April 17th, according to the data.
More on this story via Conservative Brief:
In terms of total viewership, the program had an average of almost 2.6 million viewers, which is lower than Carlson’s show on Monday, which had an average of approximately 3.7 million viewers. CONTINUE READING…