Fox News announced on Monday that it had “severed ties” with top-rated presenter Tucker Carlson, sparking a social media firestorm.
Glenn Beck, a former Fox News host and proprietor of Blaze Media, offered Tucker Carlson a position with his company shortly after Carlson was blindsided by the news.
“We would love to have you here. You won’t miss a beat. And together, the two of us will tear it up. Just tear it up. I think that will kill Fox, I really do. I know so many people that – you know – still kind of like Fox. And they watch the other shows. But they’re like, ‘Tucker, Tucker is the only one that I really trust,” Beck said on his radio show while discussing the news ouster Carlson’s ouster from Fox News.
The host concluded, “I believe the loss of Tucker Carlson will be fatal for Fox.” Where will you obtain the truth? Tucker was the only person in the mainstream media that I felt was telling Americans the truth.
Fox News' goodbye message to @TuckerCarlson sure looks like what they said when I left. I have a feeling this will KILL Fox. pic.twitter.com/oOFXnv4sKp
— Glenn Beck (@glennbeck) April 24, 2023
Soon after the announcement of Carlson’s dismissal, reports cast light on the ultimate decision-maker.
Lachlan Murdoch, the CEO of Fox Corporation, and Suzanne Scott, the CEO of Fox News Media, decided to terminate Tucker Carlson on Friday night, according to a new report. Scott then apprised Carlson of the decision on Monday morning.
“The power that Mr. Carlson, 53, wielded outside Fox News could not insulate him from a growing list of troubles inside the network related to his conduct on and off the air, some of which had been grating on Mr. Murdoch and his father, Rupert Murdoch, the chairman of Fox Corporation, who co-founded the network in 1996, according to the two people with knowledge of the company’s decision,” the New York Times reported.
“The host, a polarizing and unpopular figure at the network outside of his own staff, was exposed as part of a defamation lawsuit by Dominion Voting Systems as a bully who denigrated colleagues and sources, often in profane and sexist language and called for the firing of Fox journalists whose coverage he disliked. He has also drawn condemnation from the right and left for his role in fostering a revisionist account of the assault on the United States Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021,” the outlet added.
The NYT report indicates that Carlson’s segment on the disturbance at the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021, was a “point of contention.”
“One early point of contention was Mr. Carlson’s 2021 documentary, ‘Patriot Purge,’ which advanced the conspiracy theory that the attack that day was a so-called false flag operation designed to discredit the former president and his political movement. Lachlan Murdoch was said to have been caught off guard by the program, which also led two conservative Fox News contributors to quit in protest, Jonah Goldberg and Stephen Hayes,” the NYT reported.
More on this story via Conservative Brief:
“In March, Mr. Carlson edited down tens of thousands of hours of footage from the attack given to him by Speaker Kevin McCarthy and used them to falsely portray the rioters as people Mr. Carlson called ‘mostly peaceful’ onlookers who had innocently ambled into the Capitol. The broadcast drew a rebuke from Senator Mitch McConnell, who is a friend of Rupert Murdoch’s and said Mr. Carlson had drawn ‘offensive and misleading conclusions,’” the outlet continued. CONTINUE READING…