Prior to her and Prince Harry’s departure for the United States after the late Queen Elizabeth II’s funeral, Meghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex, is said to have asked to meet privately with King Charles III.
Neil Sean, a royal authority, claims that Markle requested a private audience in a letter given to the king by a top royal attendant.
Markle requested the meeting, according to Sean, to “clear the air” and “explain some of the rationale behind what they’ve been doing over the last two years,” according to a YouTube video that was posted on Saturday.
Sean said that it was uncertain whether Markle’s request would be complied with. “Truthfully, we have no idea if this is going to go forward,” he admitted.
Markle and Harry left their formal positions in 2020 and relocated to California, and since then, royal observers like Sky News’ Angela Levin have termed their relationship with the royal family as “strained.”
In their well publicized interview with Oprah Winfrey in 2021, Markle accused the royals of treating her unfairly and made a joke about the potential skin tone of her and Prince Harry’s kid Archie.
There are “concerns and debates about how dark his complexion might be when he’s born,” she told Winfrey.
Following the interview, Buckingham Palace issued an incredibly uncommon statement on behalf of the queen that said,“The whole family is saddened to learn the full extent of how challenging the last few years have been for Harry and Meghan.
Following the interview, Buckingham Palace issued an incredibly uncommon statement on behalf of the queen that said,“The whole family is saddened to learn the full extent of how challenging the last few years have been for Harry and Meghan. “The issues raised, particularly that of race, are concerning. While some recollections may vary, they are taken very seriously and will be addressed by the family privately. Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much loved family members.”
The BBC’s royal correspondent Nicholas Witchell told the New York Post he believed Markle remained in London on Sept. 8 while Harry traveled to Scotland to be with the queen before her death out of concern that “she might not be terribly warmly welcomed,” according to the New York Post.
Harry, who lost his military privileges when he and Markle retired as working royals, was not allowed to salute the queen with his family during the majority of Elizabeth’s memorial services.
King Charles III, the Prince of Wales, and the Princess Royal salute, whilst the Duke of Sussex and the Duke of York bow their heads, as the Bearer Party from Queen's Company, 1st Battalion Grenadier Guards carry the coffin of Queen Elizabeth II
Pic PA pic.twitter.com/QnxJYK77RS
— Elliot Wagland (@elliotwagland) September 14, 2022
More on this story via The Republic Brief. CONTINUE READING…