Late in April, Tucker Carlson was fired from Fox News, and insiders have revealed some intriguing details about his dismissal.
According to Rolling Stone, network executives informed Tucker Carlson he was being fired as part of Fox News’ enormous $787.5 million defamation settlement with Dominion Voting Systems.
“In the latest development to come three weeks after Carlson was removed from his role at the network on April 24, it has been reported that one of Fox Corp.’s eight board members was the one to tell the fired host that his ‘recent benching’ was the result of the secret condition in the Dominion settlement,” the outlet reported.
The report continued: “According to Variety, the conversation between Carlson and the board member took place on April 26 – two days after the network announced Carlson’s involuntary departure from the company. The board member also reportedly told Carlson that the secret condition ensuring Carlson’s canning would not be found in any of the $787.5 million defamation settlement documents because it was a verbal agreement.”
Dominion Voting Systems officials denied that a covert arrangement had been made.
Beyond Carlson, Fox News has recently made a number of significant announcements.
It was disclosed over the weekend that Fox News terminated its entire investigative unit.
However, according to a report in the New York Daily News, the investigative unit was merely reorganized and not eliminated.
“There were three employees in the seven-person unit impacted, while four employees were offered different positions within the company,” a Fox News source told the Daily News, which noted further: “Employees on the team had already been working in other areas of the company, and had not been on major investigative programming initiatives in a long time, they added.”
Following reports that Fox News is about to announce its “boldest and most fearless lineup ever,” rumors and speculation abound.
Wednesday, the Drudge Report broke the news that Sean Hannity will replace Tucker Carlson at 8 p.m. ET. The host of “Jesse Watters Primetime,” Jesse Watters, will relocate from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. ET. “The Greg Gutfeld Show” will now air at 10 p.m. instead of 11 p.m.
“Should this new strategy be implemented, Laura Ingraham’s “The Ingraham Angle” would lose its 10 p.m. time slot to Gutfeld. Where does she then go? 11 PM ET? Perhaps 7 PM ET?
Fox News issued a statement contradicting the online rumors, stating, “No decision has been made on a new primetime lineup, and multiple scenarios are being considered.”
Interestingly, Fox News issued a second statement regarding the Ingraham rumors, stating, “Reports based on various tweets by left-wing activists are wildly inaccurate — Laura Ingraham, the top-rated woman in cable news, is now and will continue to be a prominent host and integral part of the Fox News lineup.”
Fox News’s statement merely refutes the allegations that Ingraham will leave the network. It did not specify whether or not she will maintain her 10 p.m. time period.
Following Tucker Carlson’s departure from Fox News, news aggregator Matt Drudge revealed that the network will undergo a major reorganization, sparking speculations about Laura Ingraham.
More on this story via Conservative Brief:
“WORLD EXCLUSIVE: FOXNEWS SETS NEW SCHEDULE” read the headline from Drudge. CONTINUE READING…