More
    HomePoliticsHuge Development: There Was a 'Standing Order' During the Trump Years, And...

    Huge Development: There Was a ‘Standing Order’ During the Trump Years, And It Might Just Turn Mar-a-Lago Raid Upside Down

    Published on

    Was there a “standing order” under the administration of former President Donald Trump that rendered the raid on Mar-a-Lago an unjustified federal overreach?

    The previous president’s representatives agree.

    In a statement released Friday evening, Trump’s staff asserted that all papers carried to the Florida residence had been declassified by the then-president, who was the only judge of a document’s classification status.

    According to the Washington Examiner, conservative investigative journalist John Solomon originally read the statement on Fox News.

    “As we can all relate to, everyone ends up having to bring home their work from time to time. American presidents are no different,” the statement stated. “In order to prepare for the next day’s work, President Trump frequently brought secret materials to the White House. He had a standing rule that materials removed from the Oval Office and brought to the house were immediately declassified.

    “The power to classify and declassify documents rests solely with the president of the United States,” the statement concluded. “The idea that some paper-pushing bureaucrat with classification authority delegated by the president needs to approve the declassification is absurd.”

    This is consistent with a Friday post on Trump’s Truth Social platform in which he stated that the papers had been “completely declassified.”

    “First and foremost, it was all declassified. Second, there was no need to “seize” anything. They might have obtained it at any moment without engaging in politics or breaking into Mar-a-Lago. According to Newsweek, Trump indicated in a written statement that the box was in secure storage with an extra lock added at their request. “They could have had it whenever they desired, including LONG ago. ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS ASK.”

    Many questioned whether the president could lawfully pursue such a comprehensive declassification scheme.

    Bradley P. Moss, among others, contended that he could not:

    “For those in the back who have not been listening, let me say this one last time. Declassification had to be done and completed for each individual document before noon on 1/2/2021,” he tweeted. “No indication Trump made sure that was done for these docs. A verbal statement is not enough.” [We assume he meant “oral,” as any statement is “verbal” by definition. — Ed. note]

    More on this story via The Western Journal:

    The real question, however, may be whether or not President Joe Biden’s administration wants to risk a jury disagreeing with them.

    As the search warrant for Mar-a-Lago revealed, the raid was based on a potential violation of the Espionage Act, along with the possibility of an obstruction of justice complaint. CONTINUE READING…

    Latest articles

    Elton John Looks Shocked As Biden Says Its ‘His Fault That We’re Spending $6B On HIV And AIDS

    The legendary musician Elton John is on a lengthy "farewell tour" throughout the globe. John...

    Voting Equipment To Be Replaced After ‘Unauthorized Access’

    As the midterm elections in November approach, the attention is on voting protocols and...

    News Anchor Fired After Going Off-Script To Deliver ‘Reckless’ Monologue About Ex-Colleague

    Lynette Romero has spent almost 23 years with KTLA-TV in Los Angeles. She was...

    Watch: Trump Says the 9 Words Everyone Wanted to Hear – Met with Thunderous Applause

    Donald Trump, exasperated a rally crowd by discussing the 2024 presidential race. Trump spoke on...

    More like this

    Elton John Looks Shocked As Biden Says Its ‘His Fault That We’re Spending $6B On HIV And AIDS

    The legendary musician Elton John is on a lengthy "farewell tour" throughout the globe. John...

    Voting Equipment To Be Replaced After ‘Unauthorized Access’

    As the midterm elections in November approach, the attention is on voting protocols and...

    News Anchor Fired After Going Off-Script To Deliver ‘Reckless’ Monologue About Ex-Colleague

    Lynette Romero has spent almost 23 years with KTLA-TV in Los Angeles. She was...