At least 17 House Democrats were detained outside the Supreme Court on Tuesday afternoon.
To protest the Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe v. Wade, the Democrats participated in a march for abortion rights.
In many Twitter videos, Democratic New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Democratic Minnesota Rep. Ilhan Omar can be seen being led away from the demonstration in front of the Supreme Court with their hands behind their backs by police officers.
Cortez’s office tweeted from her account, “Today, Rep. AOC was arrested along with other members of Congress outside the Supreme Court for protesting in support of abortion rights.”
— Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@RepAOC) July 19, 2022
HERE ARE THE NAMES:
- New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
- Minnesota Rep. Ilhan Omar
- Missouri Rep. Cori Bush
- Massachusets Rep. Ayanna Pressley
- Massachusets Rep. Katherine Clark
- New York Rep. Nydia Velazquez
- California Rep. Barbara Lee
- California Rep. Jackie Speier
- California Rep. Sara Jacobs
- Michigan Rep. Rashida Tlaib
- North Carolina Rep. Alma Adams
- Pennsylvania Rep. Madeleine Dean
- New Jersey Rep. Bonnie Watson Coleman
- Texas Rep. Veronica Escobar
- Illinois Rep. Jan Schakowsky
- New York Rep. Carolyn Maloney
- Michigan Rep. Andy Levin
More on this story via Daily Caller:
Democratic Missouri Rep. Cori Bush tweeted Tuesday that she and her colleagues “put” their “bodies on the line” amid the protest.
“I introduced legislation yesterday and today to protect reproductive freedom. Today my colleagues and I put our bodies on the line—because we will leave no stone unturned in our fight for justice. Bans off our bodies,” Bush said.
I introduced legislation yesterday and today to protect reproductive freedom. Today my colleagues and I put our bodies on the line—because we will leave no stone unturned in our fight for justice.
Bans off our bodies. https://t.co/ahmWgAd9WR
— Cori Bush (@CoriBush) July 19, 2022
The Daily Caller contacted the U.S. Capitol Police about the videos to which Capitol Police said they would be releasing final arrest numbers later in the afternoon.