Despite rumors that circulated on social media, Laura Ingraham, a longtime Fox News host, has not been dismissed from the network.
Fox News issued a statement on Wednesday night condemning “left-wing activists” who alleged on Twitter that the network was planning to fire Ingraham, a longtime Fox News host.
“Reports based on various tweets by left-wing activists are wildly inaccurate – Laura Ingraham, the top-rated woman in cable news, is now and will continue to be a prominent host and integral part of the Fox News lineup,” Fox News said in a statement, via Mediaite.
Following Tucker Carlson’s departure from the network, news aggregator Matt Drudge revealed that Fox News will undergo a major shakeup, which sparked speculations about Laura Ingraham.
Drudge reports that the network will move longtime presenter Sean Hannity to the 8 p.m. time slot.
“WORLD EXCLUSIVE: FOXNEWS SETS NEW SCHEDULE” read the headline from Drudge, who noted Hannity’s new time slot as well as reports that both Jesse Watters and Greg Gutfeld would be heading to prime time.
“Watters currently hosts one of Fox’s top-rated shows at 7 p.m. while Gutfeld hosts a highly-rated late-night show at 11 p.m. — both co-host Fox’s top-rated program The Five at 5 p.m. Hannity, meanwhile, broke the record for longest-running cable news prime time host in April of 2022, eclipsing Larry King at 25 years, six months, and 15 days,” Mediaite reported.
“FOXNEWS is preparing to announce an ambitious new schedule, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned, a schedule where ever hour of primetime will change!” Drudge reported. “TOP SOURCE TELLS DRUDGE: ‘IT’S OUR BOLDEST AND MOST FEARLESS LINE-UP EVER’…”
Fox News issues a statement to Mediaite in response to Drudge’s claim, stating, “No decision has been made on a new primetime lineup, and multiple scenarios are being considered.”
UPDATE: Fox has released a new statement:
“Reports based on various tweets by left wing activists are wildly inaccurate – Laura Ingraham, the top-rated woman in cable news, is now and will continue to be a prominent host and integral part of the Fox News lineup."
— MeidasTouch (@MeidasTouch) May 17, 2023
A new report appears to cast additional light on why Fox News decided to remove its most popular personality from the airwaves late last month.
According to a report by RadarOnline.com, network executives informed Tucker Carlson that he was being fired as part of Fox News’ $787.5 million defamation settlement with Dominion Voting Systems.
“In the latest development to come three weeks after Carlson was removed from his role at the network on April 24, it has been reported that one of Fox Corp.’s eight board members was the one to tell the fired host that his ‘recent benching’ was the result of the secret condition in the Dominion settlement,” the outlet reported.
The report continued: “According to Variety, the conversation between Carlson and the board member took place on April 26 – two days after the network announced Carlson’s involuntary departure from the company. The board member also reportedly told Carlson that the secret condition ensuring Carlson’s canning would not be found in any of the $787.5 million defamation settlement documents because it was a verbal agreement.”
RadarOnline.com reported that if the network did not consent to these terms, Dominion’s attorneys were prepared to call off the settlement, restart negotiations, or take the case to trial.
More on this story via Conservative Brief:
“That condition was intended to hurt Fox, and Tucker is just collateral damage,” a source familiar with the reported secret agreement told Variety. “Dominion wanted to punish Fox, and it’s working.” CONTINUE READING…