Fans of Fox News host Dan Bongino and of the top-rated cable colossus are stunned by his departure from the news network.
“Folks, regretfully, last week was my last show on Fox News on the Fox News Channel,” the host said on his podcast Thursday Variety reported. “It’s tough. It’s tough to say that. You know, I’ve been there doing hits and working there for ten years…so the show ending was tough. And I want you to know it’s not some big conspiracy. I promise you. There’s no acrimony. This wasn’t some WWE brawl that happened. We just couldn’t come to terms on an extension.”
“We thank Dan for his contributions and wish him success in his future endeavors,” the network said.
It stated that ‘Lawrence Jones Cross Country’ will replace Bongino’s program until a new schedule is announced.
BONGINO: "Regretfully, last week was my last show on @FoxNews." pic.twitter.com/NOGwTL6A92
— Daily Caller (@DailyCaller) April 20, 2023
BREAKING: Dan Bongino Out at Fox News https://t.co/i2Bha82E4A
— Mediaite (@Mediaite) April 20, 2023
According to Radar Online, the news is accompanied by unconfirmed rumors that two popular presenters may be fired.
The founder of Puck News, Dylan Byers, has predicted that Maria Bartiromo and Jeanine Pirro will be the two broadcasters to be fired. Other unsubstantiated reports have indicated that even Sean Hannity, host of the Sean Hannity Show, may receive a warning.
Byers stated, however, that there is a possibility that they will not be dismissed, but rather warned to watch what they say in the future.
“So I anticipate one of two things will happen here, or has perhaps already happened: The first possibility is that Fox News C.E.O. Suzanne Scott sits down with Bartiromo and Pirro and anyone else who came up to the line of libel and says, be careful,” he said.
“Alternatively, Rupert and Suzanne have already decided to elegantly and eventually show Bartiromo and/or Pirro the door,” he said.
During his testimony, Murdoch stated that it was not Fox News that made false statements about the 2020 presidential election, but rather certain presenters.
“Not Fox, no. Not Fox. But maybe Lou Dobbs, maybe [Bartiromo] as commentators,” Murdoch said. “Some of our commentators were endorsing it.”
“If I’m [Bartiromo], that feels like the kiss of death,” Byers said.
“The last thing on earth that Murdoch wants is to leave himself vulnerable to another $787-million headache,” he said.
“If you’re trying to avoid future libel lawsuits, that’s not exactly the kind of person you want on camera,” he said.
Deciphering the post-settlement legal murmurs surrounding Fox’s new vulnerabilities, audience leakage, and a potential blood sacrifice.
With Puck’s @tina_nguyen, @DylanByers, and @eriqgardner https://t.co/VnmHkfUAAz
— Puck (@PuckNews) April 19, 2023
The presenters of “The View” on ABC were enraged by the conclusion of Dominion’s lawsuit against Fox News.
Fox News agreed to pay Dominion a record $757.5 for defamation, but the news network was not required to issue an apology. The settlement was reached on Tuesday.
“Fox News CEO admitted in a deposition the network knew they were pushing lies,” cohost Whoopi Goldberg said. “Should they have had to go onto their own network and say, look, yes, we lied to y’all. And we knew it and we had to pay this money because we lied to y’all. They don’t have to do that. They don’t have to admit any wrongdoing.”
“That’s my biggest problem with it because we already know the Fox News viewer exclusively gets his or her news from Fox News on air,” co-host Sunny Hostin said. “They don’t read other newspapers, they don’t get news from any other outlet, and the fact the New York Times is covering it and CNN is covering it, that’s fine. But they need to be able to get on air and tell their viewers, ‘you can’t trust us. We lied to you. We affected our very democracy. Some of our anchors can’t be trusted,’ and they needed to say that.”
More on this story via Conservative Brief:
Hostin did not believe the $757.5 million, the largest in the history of defamation cases, was high enough. CONTINUE READING…